Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get NAT to open with FiOS Actiontec router?

I am trying to get my NAT from moderate to open using the FiOS Actiontec M1424WR router. I'm trying to do this so I can better my Xbox 360 online gaming experience.





I already fowarded ports UPD/TCP 3074 and UPD 88(or which ever one it is). It still won't switch to open. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.How do I get NAT to open with FiOS Actiontec router?
I have been experiencing problems with Halo 3 error messages refer to NAT settings. I have had trouble in matchmaking and joining friends. Some search engines refer to allowing the xbox to be a DMZ host. I have not tried this yet, but it seems logical. Here's what they are saying.





On a computer, open IE and type 192.168.1.1 into address bar type admin/password or admin/password1 for username and password (whichever one works)


Once in the router config, go to firewall settings and then go to DMZ host. Put a check box into the DMZ host and above that type in the IP address of your Xbox which will be 192.168.1.X You will need to find the exact IP under the network settings of your Xbox. After typing that IP in, click apply and your problem will be resolved.





In my case the Verizon Router Mega Control Panel says the the xbox 360's address is 198.168.1.4. I have confirmed this in xbox dashboard. It was too late last night to try this out on my own setup, so I cann't confirm if it works yet, but I'm going to try it next time I turn on my computer and 360.
  • inc.
  • shell necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment