Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Xbox 360 online without the adapter?

I have a nintendo wii and I can go online because I know my WEP code and didnt need the $20 wireless adapter, but how does this work with a xbox 360? Xbox live is like 80% why I want to get a xbox 360 and I will be getting one tomarrow, I already have the console, controller, games, and ect. picked out and I just barely have enough money to buy all of that and can not afford a $100 microsoft wireless adapter because I will only have $30 left. My parents think I could buy a nintendo wireless adapter for the xbox 360 but I am just not sure? I NEED HELP!!!Xbox 360 online without the adapter?
As the person above mentioned, a long ethernet cable is the way to go. However, they're cheaper than he mentioned...





http://cgi.ebay.com/100FT-RJ45-CAT5-CAT5鈥?/a>





100ft for less than 10 bucks, free shipping. If that's still not long enough to reach your wired access point, you can buy a couple of those and a cheap switch to chain up.Xbox 360 online without the adapter?
I wouldn't try using a Nintendo adapter, but you can always use a wired connection. Get a long ethernet cable ($20) and connect it to the back of the 360 and connect the other end to your moder/router. Set a TV next to your computer, or you can tape the cord to the sides of your hallways or just drill some holes in your walls and run the cable through your walls (if you want to play on a better TV). It works the same, and people will be happy with you because you shouldn't ever lag online.
i would recomend getting an xbox adapter cuase if you waste ur money and it dont work or you can wire it if you got the cables that are long enough hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment