Friday, August 20, 2010

Help with wireless network?

';Network connections'; shows I have 3 connections.. Local Area Connection (which says ';Limited or No Connectivity'; and I believe is the connection for my xbox 360?).. Wireless Network Connection (which says it's connected and is the Netgear USB network card dealio I have plugged in and installed) and 1394 Connection ( I have NO CLUE what this connection is but it says it's connected)





With all that said.. My desktop, which runs XP, is not online even though it says connected..





My main goal: Get desktop online and use wireless connection from that to get xbox online. Can anyone help? If it helps any, I have a linksys router and the network is password protected. I know I'm not typing my password incorrect because it's my phone number and how could I forget my own phone number? and why would it say I'm connected if the password is incorrect? I don't know a whole lot about networking, and I'm trying to avoid calling any customer service.Help with wireless network?
The 1394 is a firewire port, a sort of fatter USB.





Can you browse to the router from your XP machine?





How is the IP set up on your XP machine? DHCP from the router?





drop me some more details and I'll help you out





:P

No comments:

Post a Comment