Friday, August 20, 2010

Birthday coming up... want Xbox live?

Ok, so Monday is my birthday, and I know my parents haven't gotten me anything, because all I told them I want is an Xbox live subscription, and they don't want to get it for me. However, they're getting desperate, and my mom said she'd ';consider'; it with my dad, which pretty much means she'll talk to him about it, he'll say no, I'll argue, and he'll get tired of fighting and say fine. My question is, how can I convince my mom that Xbox live isn't a bad idea? She is convinced that if I go on it people will swear at me, and that will somehow effect me... I'm very, very, VERY confused by her arguement, and more by my dad's who says ';he hates online gaming.'; (He paid for my brother's runescape for 2 years. Wt. f??';


So how can I convince them?


Also, can you buy Xbox live online and get the code or do you need to get an actual card?Birthday coming up... want Xbox live?
You have the option not to talk to people online, and I believe you can mute the sound. So you could tell your parents thats what you would be doing.





Online is more that chatting. It lets you play games in a different, funner way with people from all over. I love my xbox live. Yes there are rude people, but the majority of people are laid back. Try telling them it's not about the people you will meet, it is about the games you can play and the different way you can play them. It's like trying to play Monopoly alone... thats no fun you need other people.


Plus you will be interacting with other people and being social, instead of being in your room alone. Thats always nice. I mean your parents dont want you to turn into an anti-social hermet right??





You can buy a card in a store (yearly is the best deal) or on the internet. Go to the xbox website and register, then on the side there will be a ';modify membership'; link, click that and you can purchase live there. I will warn you that by doing it this way it takes out $$ from the credit card used, every month (or 3mo, 6mo, 12mo depending on your membership plan)


Or you can buy a card at the store and redeem your code using your xbox or on the internet (in the modify membership link)





If you have a job or make extra $$ you can pay for it yourself (although parents paying always makes it better lol) it's 8.99 a month. They also have 3 month plans 6month(i think) and yearly. Like I said before the yearly is the best deal I think it's about $55. Comes out to about 1/2 what you would pay if you paid monthly.





Good Luck!! I hope you get it.Birthday coming up... want Xbox live?
I dont know much about online gaming, but I would suggest going to your local game store and ask them how to get Xbox live. They will tell you what to do and how to do it.





Also, to convince your family that Xbox live isn't a bad thing, tell them that Xbox live is a great community. If someone is verbally abusing you, you are allowed to report them. Also, the Xbox community is made up mostly of teenagers, not old perverted sex offenders. Good luck, and I hope you get Xbox live.
firstly when u hav xbox live u can put on protection so that u cant hear anyone or any swearing.


xbox live is only 拢39.99 for a whole year which is a decent price. Even a child could save enough ,money for that.


to get xbox liveu need to get the actual card with the code, then u go to redeem, type the code in and away u go
Well, Its cheaper than runescape, but who plays runscape anyway?! Xbox live adds up to be $10 cheaper than runescape per year and it is much better. Tell them that!
live is amazing you meet interesting people in normaly every match but you will get in fights and you can buy it online with like a visa or master card
Ok if you hear swearing all you have to do is Mute the used and then you will be fine. Xbox live is pretty fun and you should tell them that certain games are only fun if you have xbox live or else it was a waste off $50+ because the multiplayer can be better then single player which in some cases like Halo 3 in my opinion is an ok campaign but the multiplayer is the reason why i got it. But other cases like GTA IV the singleplayer is fun but the multiplayer is not what you would expect from rockstar.To persuade them to get you the full year, this is what you tell them.





1. I have good grades.(btw this is you talking not me xD)


2. You got your son ruenscape for two years.


3. You can mute people in the game so you dont hear the swearing.


4. All my friends have it and i want to play with them.


5. I havent asked for anything for my birthday except this.


6. The game is only good unless you get xbox live.





And to answer your question aboutbuying it online to get the code, the answer is yes but i dont know from an ACTUAL store i am pretty sure that if you buy it from ebay, then they can email you the code and you can just send them the money through paypal or something anyways i hope this can persuade your parents and Happy Birthday (even though its on Monday =D )

No comments:

Post a Comment