Monday, August 16, 2010

How to Balance Video Games with Schoolwork.?

Well back in 8th grade i was an all A student, which was great! When i became a freshmen my grades slowly declined to C's which was unexceptable by my parents standards. Then they continued to decline to the point that i was barely passing my classes. My parents decided to take my games and consoles so that i was determined to get them back as a reward for good grades. I'm a Junior now and ever since my freshmen year, My parents have been taking my stuff, giving them back and then taking them away again. So First half of this past semester it was the same old bad grades with 2 F's!!! So i decided to take it upon myself to push myself to getting good grades while still keeping my stuff. So my grades improved dramatically, but my parents didn't think it was enough so my parents are taking my stuff until the end of my Junior year. I'm addicted, i admit it, but it sucks to not be able to play with my friends online(Xbox Live). But the whole takng my stuff is not helping and my parents don't want to stop taking them away regardless if it helps me or not. I wanted to convince them so that we could work something out for next semester.I'm willing to do anything! I just want my stuff back. This question is mainly directed to parents. I will show my parents regardless of what your answers are.


ThanksHow to Balance Video Games with Schoolwork.?
You sound like a good kid and one that will make your parents proud when you graduate from High School, but if you don't get grades to get into a University or College then you will find it extremely hard to get a high paying job. There are no video game jobs that are high paying and getting high grades is way cooler than getting high scores when high scores don't land you a good solid start to a future. A future that your parents want to see you have, a successful future. You need to focus all our game playing energy onto your school work and grades. You will have all the time to play video games when you have found your career because then you work 9-5 and when you get home you will have no homework and all the time for video games then. Show your parents that you are responsible person with self control and determination. Don't be like every other kid hooked on Xbox like it is a drug. Put it away so that when you do play with it, you can play guilt free when you are an adult with a career. I know you don't like this answer, but I hope you seriously consider your future comes first, not a video game. It is not just homework, it is your future.How to Balance Video Games with Schoolwork.?
You just play video games during weekends!!!!
You need to limit the time you spend on you gaming addiction. I am not going to write more here, but I would like you to type in your browser ( Brandon Crisp )


He is a canadian boy who ran away from his home near where I live. The reason was that his parents took away his Xbox for the same reasons your parents do. The tragic part is Brandon died after he fell from a tree after he got lost and was trying to find his way home in the dark. Don' t know how old you are, but Brandon was 15 almost 16. Type in his name and read some fo the stories on the search for and death or Brandon Crisp. There are pictures of him as well. I really think all kids and parents should read this.


Have a great Christmas.





( Connie Mom of 4 )
Do Homework first and then make sure ur parents check it that it is done and then play video games. Do ur homework on the weekdays and just play video games on the weekend! trust me, everything will work out!


:]

No comments:

Post a Comment