Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I get online with my Xbox 360?

I want to get online with my 360, but I am a bit unsure as to how.


I have AT%26amp;T DSL service. Someone I asked this about at Best Buy said that I would need a router and should get a gaming quality one.


I got on Amazon and found the ';D-Link DGL-4100 Broadband Gaming Router, 4-Port Gigabit Switch';.


Would this be all I need, or do I have to buy something else, like a new modem or whatever?How do I get online with my Xbox 360?
lol jus grab teh ethernet cable that came with your xbox and chuck it into your modem, then sign up for a xboxlive account and away you go 1 month of free online gaming !How do I get online with my Xbox 360?
no, if you have an ethernet cable, which is included with most routers


it would work make sure you have your xbox 360 set to automatically configure network settings itself, instead of you manually setting the ip, subnet, and dns





may i suggest buying the wireless usb internet adapter for the 360


here:





http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbo鈥?/a>
well just have your router and modem near your xbox so it can reach and plug it in and thats it.
no this is allright


you also need a cable to plug it in


there should be one supplied with the xbox but if it's too short you can buy longer ones for cheap from ebay
Xbox live is complicated as sh** i couldnt do either i have verizon. my cousin had to come over an install it now i have it but it says i have a closed NET connection w.e that is it still works but its like slow idk i've given up tho
also u need a wireless reciever for your xbox 360





http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductD鈥?/a>








then use the d link to connect





its sucks i know thats why i got a ps3 with wifi built in



You really don't need a router unless you want to be online on the computer and the xbox at the same time. All you have to do is connect your ethernet cable that goes from your modem to your pc, Connect it from the modem directly to your XBOX 360. If you have the router its basically the same thing you wire it from your router to the xbox 360. You also will need to purchase XBOX Live in order to play games and such online.

No comments:

Post a Comment