Monday, August 16, 2010

Xbox Live Connection Problem - Using Ethernet Switch?

I have a Netgear FS605 Ethernet Switch. It is definitely compatible with Xbox, so compatibility is not an issue. I've got the modem hooked up to the switch, and ethernets going from the switch to my computer, and a homeplug (which connects upstairs to my xbox). I can't get my Xbox online, so i'm wondering how to configure the network settings manually on my xbox, in other words, how do i get the IP address, the subnet mask and the gateway of the switch?





Thanks.Xbox Live Connection Problem - Using Ethernet Switch?
you wont need to configure the xbox manually it should pickup straight away from the modem and switch. Is the other homeplug end plugged into the switch?Xbox Live Connection Problem - Using Ethernet Switch?
I would get on the PC, run a command for ipconfig /all .. it should give you the ip/subnet/gateway .... once you have that, (and assuming you have the DNS numbers), manually config the Xbox with the numbers you got from running the command (with a slight change to the IP address of course). That should get you through. If not, you need to check all the plugs and make sure everythings secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment