Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you feel about online mic abuse on xbox live?

I've a long time online gamer and a huge fan of the Halo series. The online experience just isn鈥檛 the same without the mic as I鈥檓 sure most of you would agree. Believe me I love trash talking as much as the next guy. I have no problem with the use of profanity. On the other hand, the unnecessary use of racism is beginning to wear on me. I am aware that Xbox Live has a feedback system designed to ban players who get reported on multiple occasions but it seems almost entirely ineffective. I just wanted to get the word out there that there are some of us who take offense to racial and ethnic slurs. I鈥檓 curious to hear how you feel about this issue, or for some of you, this non-issue. Is online racism an issue to you?How do you feel about online mic abuse on xbox live?
There is a point when it gets to be a little belligerent. Some people (usually those under the age of 18) try to do anything to get attention, and sadly Microsoft cannot monitor all users. Only thing you can do is let it go in one ear and out the other, or join a clan that has ';nice'; trash talking people.How do you feel about online mic abuse on xbox live?
Personally I don't join game chat, I stay in party chat, it causes too many problems to join game chat and really you can't reason with the level of stupidity you get on xbox live





It doesn't help that a large amount of the gamers playing the likes of halo aren't over 16 and are ignorant uneducated little brats with absolutely no limits as to what they will say





One reason I don't like going on is because often live gamers do not recognise my accent...apparently morons can't tell an Irish accent... And make stupid remarks


If they do know where I'm from they'll say something obnoxious and stereotypical


That and I am female, so you get people being rude over that as well





I also find that people are very sore losers, in that they get abusive when they don't win and in some cases will report for sheer spite, that or people become obsessed with the game and can get very aggressive while playing


It's not just halo that's bad for mic abuse either, cod is bad too





People are always going to be rude on live because they hide behind a screen
I agree. I love using my mic to talk with people on Xbox Live, but there really is not need for racist comments, profanity, etc. I have no strong feelings against a little profanity, but if they take it out of control using it too often then it gets really annoying, especially because my two younger brother like to watch me play a lot and for some reason my Xbox only plays in-game voice through my TV speakers. Racism is uncalled for. Not only is it offensive, but most of the time it doesn't even fit the context. The most common thing I hear is one person yelling at another person, telling them that they are a dirty n***** just because that person kills them a lot. While I haven't been seeing much of it lately, I have no doubt that it is still out there and I believe that stronger rules need to be enforced regarding racism, profanity, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment