Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My 40 year old boyfriends spends most of his free time on the xbox and online?

Hi, my bf and myself (am in my late 30's) have recently relocated to the Caribbean. I love the beach and the outdoors, but he prefers to stay in and play on the xbox, browse the internet, watch TV, sports or fix his computer. He claims this is how he relaxes and gets annoyed when I ask him to play less. He can spend a whole weekend 'online' and I would go to the beach by myself. He says he is a city person and not much into the beach, but still agreed to move here with me (he is the only one with a job right now). I am getting fed up of doing things on my own (what's the point of being in a relationship?). We talk about marriage, children etc. but it terrifies me to think that he will be just the same. I asked him, if I were to give him an ultimatum 'me or the xbox' what he would choose. He says the xbox, because he cannot be with someone who dictates what he does for fun. He does have a lot of good parts as well and every now and then treats and spoils me (hence I am still with him), but I get desperate, annoyed and angry to see him play all the time and not wanting to make an effort to at least reduce his time online (I would have thought that the older you get the less you play these games?). Anyone out there with similar issues? Thanks for your advise.My 40 year old boyfriends spends most of his free time on the xbox and online?
I used to be like this (in a teenager, ';i don't wanna go out';, kind of way), but the hard part is getting him to come out. Then he just might enjoy the outdoors. My suggestion is to make a compromise with him. Why don't you tell him he can play ALL HE WANTS if he can promise you one thing: you guys needs to go out at least ONCE a week AS A COUPLE. If he doesn't even think about it, well I guess he'd rather date a video game character.. heheh just kidding. But if he doesn't agree to this compromise, you have 2 options. Dump him, or wait for his Xbox to ';red ring';. Look it up online if you don't know what that is ;)My 40 year old boyfriends spends most of his free time on the xbox and online?
You should get him a Wii, and get all the motion plus thingys with it.





Its a great way to bring people together.





Just Google it.





I'm serious, it really helps.





A fair alternative.
You should never disturb a man and his vidya games.
yor bf is still 12 at heart. tell him 2 grow up and spent tym wid ya lyk a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment