Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I open my NAT for my Linksys WRT54G?

I have an Xbox 360 and i cant always hear everyone and can't join eyeryone's games online. I realised that it was to do with my NAT(Network Adress Translation i think) when i played Halo3 as this is the only game that tells people about it. So i then did the Xbox Live connection test and found out that the NAT was set to moderate. so i looked at the Linksys configuration but it is very confusing and i couldn't understand it at all. Port fowarding might have something to do with it im not sure. So does anyone know how i can open the NAT for the Linksys WRT54G for a better Xbox online experience without the annoying you cannot join this host or speak with this person etc.


This is the second time ive asked this question but in a different loaction to see if i can get anymore than just a few answers.How do I open my NAT for my Linksys WRT54G?
Not sure about NAT, but if you are having problems you would want to find out what your xBox's local address is and port forward to it. It would have to be set up as a static address on the xbox ie 192.168.1.130





then in your port forwarding you can forward whatever port the audio ect come through to the IP you set on your xbox.





Linksys ip is 192.168.1.1 Automatically given IPs for computers ect usually start at .101 unless it is changed.How do I open my NAT for my Linksys WRT54G?
http://portforward.com/english/routers/p鈥?/a>





http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xb鈥?/a>



No comments:

Post a Comment